Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Bens at Ranger! Pray for him! He needs it!

Hey!

Ben is at Ranger school and doing great! He wrote me and said he needs prayer! So that'd be awesome if y'all could!! I love him so much and am so blessed by what he does. Ranger school is so tough and he has done so well so far. The first week went great, he is of course tired as I read from letters and so sweet. His 8 hour pass is next Friday June 5th! Already! I cant wait to see him, Ive heard it goes by really fast, he will be super hungry and tired. But even if I just nap next to him (and do his laundry) for 8 hours it will be amazing to be with him :)

I am here working at the day care here on post! Its long hours and a lot of training since it is a department of defense job. We will see how it goes once I get into my actual classroom. I have observed in the infant room, toddler, preschool and preK room. My favorite is PreK. I will be a teacher in the toddler room starting Thurs so hopefully all goes well!
I feel so blessed by the amazing friends here on post and those from school, my amazing parents and sister, and my inlaws! They are all so supportive. I hope Ben feels all this from where he is. If you want to write him an encouraging letter. Probably not too long because his lack of sleep there I know he would love the encouragment and prayer! His address is on his facebook page under notes. I copied it here too!

Ben wrote this before he left:

Ranger School Info
Im headed to Ranger School...again, we've been reassured we wont get admin dropped again. I should be in at:
Fort Benning Phase from 17 May - 6 Jun
Mountain Phase: 6 Jun - 27 Jun
Florida Phase : 27 Jun - 17 Jul
17 Jul is my anticipated Graduation Date for anyone who wants to come to the graduation (info on the Ranger School Webpage). It sucks to plan for this contiingency, but contact Sophie at sophie.winchester@us.army.
mil prior to the Graduation to make sure I didnt have any recycles which would push back the Grad, shell have all info. Below are the addresses you can write me, please do, to keep me sane. Thanks Everyone.

FORT BENNING ADDRESS:
2LT Benjamin Winchester
4th Ranger Training Battalion
ATTN: 007-09
10850 Schneider Road
Fort Benning, GA 31905

MOUNTAIN ADDRESS:
2LT Benjamin Winchester
5th Ranger Training Battalion
ATTN: 007-09
1 Camp Merrill
Dahlonega, GA 30533-1802

FLORIDA ADDRESS:
2LT Benjamin Winchester
6th Ranger Training Battalion
ATTN: 007-09
6069 Walkers Lane
Camp James E. Rudder
Eglin AFB, FL 32542

When you write, alteast 5 days before he goes to the next phase I would start writing to that next address. Just my opinion and what I have heard from other wives who have gone through it. Thank you!! Pray pray pray. I know God is with him, he is so strong... and me... to be able to be strong while he is away!!

With love!

1 comment:

meagan@rice.edu said...

Hi, you don't know me, but I want to say thanks for posting the 3 different addresses on here. I googled everything I could think to try to find them. My boyfriend is in the middle of the Darby phase, and I was starting to worry about not knowing where to send my next letter. I'm sure he's so tired by this point... And the 5 day advance thing is really good to know. So thank you.

Also, I see your husband's projected graduation date is next week; I hope all has gone extremely well for him and you both. Thanks again for posting like you did!